Home made wonton chips with black beans and corn salsa is a scrumptious appetizer or snack. The chips are crunchy, flavorful, and nutritious, and are really easy to make.
Home made Wonton Chips With a Wholesome Corn and Black Bean Salsa
There are only a few dishes which can be as nice as chips and salsa. It’s simply the right meals pairing. However generally it’s enjoyable to interrupt from the norm a little bit bit. That’s why I like these wonton chips with corn salsa. It’s a enjoyable and distinctive twist on a traditional meals pairing, and I feel it’s simply as scrumptious … or possibly much more scrumptious!
As an alternative of tortilla chips, this recipe makes use of baked wonton wrappers. I like love love wonton chips! They’re simply as crunchy, however they’ve a special taste than corn chips.
The corn salsa is nearly like a facet salad as a result of it’s full of flavorful substances, together with crimson onions and black beans. That makes the recipe as wholesome as it’s scrumptious … and simply as straightforward to make!
Why You’ll Love These Wonton Chips and Zesty Corn Salsa
Listed here are just some of the the reason why I do know you’ll be a giant fan of this recipe.
- Fast and straightforward. That is such a simple recipe to make. The wonton chips are so easy, and whereas they’re baking you possibly can simply throw collectively the corn salsa. Your complete recipe takes simply half an hour to make and is totally stress-free.
- Nice for events. Chips and salsa is likely to be the best celebration meals ever invented. And this recipe is not any exception. These wontons and corn salsa have every thing that makes chips and salsa so fashionable at events. They’re tasty, you possibly can eat them along with your arms, they usually’re good for snacking.
- Wholesome. That is about as wholesome as snack meals will get. The salsa is tremendous gentle because it’s mainly simply beans and greens. And the wontons are baked, not fried, so there’s actually nothing on this recipe that’s unhealthy.
What You’ll Want
Listed here are the substances that you simply’ll have to make this crunchy snack. Head to the recipe card on the backside of the web page to see the precise quantities for every of the substances.
For the Wonton Chips:
For the Corn Salsa:
- Corn: I like to make use of canned or frozen corn kernels for this recipe.
- Black beans: You should utilize crimson kidney beans in the event you desire.
- Inexperienced bell pepper
- Onion: A crimson onion is greatest for this recipe, however you should utilize a white onion, a yellow onion, or a shallot.
- Additional virgin olive oil
- Lime juice: Be certain all the time to make use of freshly-squeezed lime juice.
- Salt & Pepper
- Cilantro or parsley: For garnish.
The best way to Make Wonton Chips
Right here’s make this straightforward snack meals in lower than half-hour.
- Preheat. Flip your oven on to 400˚F.
- Prep the wontons. Place the wonton wrappers on two giant, greased baking sheets.
- Combine the olive oil and water. Put the olive oil and water in a bowl, and stir to mix.
- Coat the wontons. Use a kitchen brush to coat every wonton wrapper with the olive oil and water combination.
- Season. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder over the entire wonton wrappers.
- Reduce. Use a knife to chop every wonton wrapper into two triangles – so reduce down the middle, diagonally.
- Bake. Put the wontons within the oven till they flip golden brown, which ought to take about 6-7 minutes.
How To Make Corn Salsa
- Add the salsa substances. Whereas the wontons bake, put the corn, black beans, bell pepper, and onion right into a bowl and blend collectively.
- Make the dressing. Add the additional virgin olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper to a small bowl, and whisk to mix.
- End the salsa. Pour the dressing over the salsa substances, and blend till every thing is properly mixed.
- Garnish and serve. Sprinkle cilantro or parsley over the corn salsa and serve it with the wonton chips.
Ideas and Methods
Listed here are a few of my favourite methods and suggestions to make use of while you make these crispy wonton chips with nutritious corn salsa.
- Reduce the Wontons on the baking sheet. After brushing the wontons with olive oil, they are going to be very flimsy and delicate, and transferring them from a chopping board to a baking sheet may be irritating. So you possibly can reduce them into triangles, place them on a baking sheet, after which brush the wontons with the olive oil and water combination. For those who resolve to chop them on the baking sheet, as I do, use parchment paper and a very good, sharp paring knife to guard the baking sheet from cuts. Additionally, don’t press down too exhausting with the knife.
- Give them house. Once you bake the wonton chips, ensure that the items aren’t touching. They are often shut to one another, however you don’t need the chips to the touch, or they received’t be capable of get as crispy within the oven.
- Add some warmth. This salsa doesn’t have a lot spice. For those who’re somebody who likes your salsa to have a kick, then throw in some diced jalapeño or serrano peppers.
- Make it forward of time. One in all my favourite issues about this recipe is how fast it’s to make. However in case you have the time, attempt to make the salsa upfront, then let it chill within the fridge. The extra time this corn salsa spends within the fridge, the extra the flavors will marinate collectively and develop into stronger.
Listed here are a number of commonly-asked questions on crispy wonton chips with corn salsa.
You’ll be able to completely use canned corn for this recipe. The feel of frozen corn is a little bit bit higher, so I like to recommend it, however this recipe nonetheless works nice with canned corn.
Positively! I like to make use of black beans for this recipe, however it’s additionally nice with crimson kidney beans. These are the one beans I’ve tried, however you can use others in order for you.
Sure! If something, wonton chips are much more crispy than the corn tortilla chips that you simply purchase on the retailer.
I wish to serve these wonton chips and corn salsa the best way you’d serve conventional chips and salsa: with an ice-cold refreshing margarita! My favorites are a Strawberry Beer Margarita and a Very Berry Margarita Spritzer. This recipe additionally works splendidly as an appetizer or facet dish when served with some conventional Mexican entrees, resembling Crock Pot Steak Fajitas, Spicy Sofritas, and Immediate Pot Rooster Mole.
The best way to Retailer Leftovers
- Leftover crispy wonton chips may be saved in an hermetic container or bag on the counter for as much as 1 week. Simply ensure that there’s no moisture in any respect within the container, or the chips will get soggy and moldy.
- Leftover corn salsa with black beans may be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- To Freeze: I don’t suggest freezing baked wonton chips. However you possibly can retailer this zesty salsa in an hermetic container within the freezer for as much as 4 months.
Extra Straightforward Salsa Recipes
For those who like salsa half as a lot as I do, then you definately’ve bought to strive a few of my different favourite recipes. They’re all loaded with taste and really easy to make.
For the Chips:
Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
Place the wonton wrappers on two giant greased baking sheets.
Mix the olive oil and water in a small bowl.
Generously brush every wonton wrapper with the olive oil combination.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Utilizing a paring knife, reduce every wonton wrapper into two triangles.
Bake for six to 7 minutes, or till golden brown.
For the Corn Salsa:
Whereas the wontons bake, mix the corn, black beans, diced peppers, and chopped onion in a big salad bowl.
In a small mixing bowl whisk collectively the olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the corn combination and blend till completely mixed. Style and regulate accordingly.
Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
Serve with the wonton chips.
- Wontons: After brushing the wontons with olive oil, they are going to be a little bit too mushy to deal with, and transferring them from a chopping board to a baking sheet may be irritating. So you possibly can reduce them into triangles, place them on a baking sheet, after which brush the wontons with the olive oil combination. OR, in the event you resolve to chop them on the baking sheet, as I do, use parchment paper and a pointy paring knife to guard the baking sheet from cuts. Additionally, don’t press down too exhausting with the knife.
- Baking: Once you bake the wonton chips, make sure the items aren’t touching as a result of they received’t get as crispy within the oven.
- Add-ins: For those who like your salsa with a spicy kick, combine in additional jalapeño or add serrano peppers.
- Make the Salsa forward of time: For essentially the most strong taste, make the salsa forward of time and let it chill within the fridge for a number of hours.
- Leftover wonton chips may be saved in an hermetic container or bag on the counter for 1 week.
- Leftover corn and black bean salsa may be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for five days or within the freezer for 4 months.
Energy: 160 kcal | Carbohydrates: 22 g | Protein: 5 g | Fats: 6 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4 g | Ldl cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 301 mg | Potassium: 213 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 73 IU | Vitamin C: 15 mg | Calcium: 28 mg | Iron: 2 mg | Internet Carbs: 18 g
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values could range in accordance with the substances and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.
Leave a Reply