This one pot vegan taco pasta is a weeknight dinner game-changer. It takes simply half-hour from begin to end and has simply 10 components – plus it’s scrumptious! Our toddler has been loving this simple tacky taco pasta, I hope you do too.
This submit was initially revealed October 2017; up to date March 2023.
If you happen to’ve been following together with the weblog for a short time, you’ll have seen that I’ve been leaning into a lot of simple vegan one pot meals. After turning into a mother, I’ve been searching for quicker weeknight meal choices! A few of my current favourite one-pot meal recipes embrace this vegan lasagna skillet and my black bean enchilada skillet. Now now we have this simple vegan taco pasta becoming a member of the get together. 😁
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- One pot (that’s proper, no have to boil the pasta in one other pot), completed in half-hour, and made with pantry staples – what’s to not love!
- A household pleasant possibility that even choosy eaters could get pleasure from. (A minimum of, my toddler eats this one!) Chock filled with plant-based protein and fiber from the veggies makes this pasta dish a wholesome possibility for a straightforward weeknight dinner.
- This creamy vegan taco pasta recipe is vegan, dairy free, egg free, and simply tailored to be gluten free by changing the pasta with a gluten-free possibility.
Substances and Substitutions
- Pasta: Use nearly any sort of pasta form that you simply like reminiscent of macaroni, penne, rigatoni, gemelli, or cavatappi. I used campanelle formed pasta within the photographs for this submit. Improve the fiber and add additional protein to this dish through the use of a legume pasta like chickpea pasta as a substitute.
- Plant-Primarily based Crumbles: I used the plant-based crumbles from Gardein, a vegan floor meat substitute you could find within the freezer part on the grocery retailer. Nevertheless, you might additionally use tempeh, TVP, or one other plant-based floor meat product. Beans would additionally work properly on this recipe. I’d simply substitute 1 can of black beans, kidney beans, or pinto beans for the plant-based crumbles.
- Veggies: For this recipe, we’re including pepper, onion, and zucchini. I used inexperienced bell pepper, however you should use yellow or pink bell pepper too. Nevertheless, you might use different veggies like mushrooms or candy corn.
- Salsa: Provides a lot of taste and a few liquid to this pasta recipe. Salsa tastes finest, however in a pinch you may substitute with 1 can diced tomatoes.
- Vegan Cheese: We love including a little bit of vegan cheese shreds to this yummy vegan taco pasta. I normally lean in direction of both a vegan cheddar or a Mexican mix cheese. If you happen to aren’t vegan, go forward and use a dairy cheese should you’d like.
- Taco Seasoning: provides tons of scrumptious taste from cumin, garlic, and onion to this dish. We all the time hold some storebought taco seasoning readily available, however you may make your personal.
Step by Step
Step One: Sauté the pink onion, bell peppers, zucchini, and olive oil collectively in a big skillet with tall sides over medium warmth for 2-3 minutes or till onion is tender.
Step Two: Stir within the plant primarily based crumbles and taco seasoning. Cook dinner for 1-2 minutes simply to thaw the crumbles.
Step Three: Add the water and salsa. Carry to a simmer over medium-high warmth.
Step 4: Stir within the raw pasta and canopy. Permit to simmer for quarter-hour with the lid on. Stir each 5 minutes or so to make sure even cooking. As soon as the pasta is cooked to al dente, stir within the vegan cheese till melted.
- Add Even Extra Taste: Add much more taste through the use of a vegetable broth as a substitute of the water within the recipe.
- Stir Ceaselessly: You’ll have to stir each 5 minutes or so after including the lasagna noodles in order that they don’t stick collectively or burn to the underside of the pan.
- Medium Low Warmth: After including the noodles, hold the lid on as a lot as potential and use medium low warmth as you don’t need all of the sauce to cook dinner off earlier than the pasta is completed.
- Customise to Your Choice: be at liberty so as to add totally different veggies, use totally different pasta shapes, or add totally different toppings when serving.
- Fridge: retailer any leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days. Reheat within the microwave or for a couple of minutes in a skillet on the stovetop.
- Freezer: retailer leftovers within the freezer in hermetic containers. (I wish to retailer single servings in particular person containers so I can reheat one portion at a time.) Retailer within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Permit to thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating.
Sure! This one pot vegan taco pasta is filled with plant-based protein, micronutrients, and fiber. Use complete wheat pasta or a legume primarily based pasta if you wish to bump up the fiber much more.
Sure, you may simply make this recipe gluten free through the use of a gluten-free pasta of your alternative. The plant-based crumbles I used from Gardein are gluten free, however in case you are utilizing a special plant-based meat – simply double test the label.
Extra Scrumptious Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
Did you’re keen on this recipe? Make sure that to depart a ⭐️ score and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Vegan Taco Pasta (One Pot!)
This one pot vegan taco pasta is a weeknight dinner game-changer. It takes simply half-hour from begin to end and has simply 10 components – plus it is scrumptious! Our toddler has been loving this simple tacky taco pasta, I hope you do too.
Forestall your display from going darkish
Add oil, onion, bell pepper, and zucchini to a big skillet with tall sides. Sauté over medium warmth till onion is translucent and softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir within the plant-based crumbles and taco seasoning. Cook dinner for one more 1-2 minutes to thaw the crumbles .
Add the salsa and water and produce to a simmer. Add the raw pasta and canopy with a lid. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring each 5 minutes or so till the pasta is cooked to al dente.
Stir within the shredded vegan cheese and stir to soften. Flip off the warmth and garnish as desired then serve!
- To serve, add desired toppings reminiscent of inexperienced onions, contemporary cilantro, lime juice, vegan bitter cream, black olives and sliced avocado.
- Don’t have veggie crumbles? Use floor seitan, black beans, TVP, or vegan floor meat (like BeyondMeat).
- Storage: retailer leftovers within the fridge for 3-4 days. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 16g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3g | Trans Fats: 0.02g | Sodium: 835mg | Potassium: 498mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1167IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 4mg
Leave a Reply