This tremendous straightforward Vegan Cauliflower Spinach Lasagna is healthful and hearty—stuffed with creamy layers of cauliflower herbed marinara sauce, spinach, plant-based cheese and bitter cream, and topped with pine nuts. In the event you love cauliflower as a lot as I do, you might be certain to be thrilled with this utterly plant-based lasagna. Not solely is that this humble vegetable wealthy in taste, it’s filled with vitamins which have been linked to most cancers safety.
This vegan lasagna recipe appears spectacular, but it surely’s deceptively easy. Simply cook dinner up a easy marinara sauce with cauliflower, onions and bell pepper, and layer pasta with spinach, sauce, plant-based bitter cream and cheese, and a topping of pine nuts. You’ll be rewarded with pure consolation meals nirvana due to this fabulous mixture. It solely takes about Quarter-hour to get this family-sized spinach lasagna within the oven and baking away for dinner. Whereas it’s baking, toss collectively a hearty salad, corresponding to this Tofu Kale Salad or French Lentil Salad, and your dinner is able to go.
The leftovers for this Vegan Cauliflower Spinach Lasagna are simply fabulous the subsequent day—tote a sq. of this lasagna to work or take pleasure in warmed up for a second meal and even snack. Wealthy in antioxidant compounds, taste, and well being, this vegan lasagna is gentle on the pasta (and carbs) and low in saturated fat. I like to take this dish to events, potlucks, and even vacation meals. Viva la cauliflower!
Answering a Few Questions
I’m answering just a few questions on this recipe.
- Ought to I exploit Marina vs Tomato Sauce? On this recipe, I like to recommend marinara sauce, as it’s seasoned. Tomato sauce is simply pureed, cooked tomatoes with salt. You need to use tomato sauce, however anticipate to extend your seasonings, corresponding to herbs and salt.
- minimize cauliflower? For this recipe, I begin with an entire cauliflower, take away any leaves, and break off the flowers with my fingers. You need small bite-size items of cauliflower for this lasagna recipe. You may as well use a knife to divide up the bigger flowers. Nevertheless, don’t cube up the entire cauliflower, as you need to see the florets intact on this recipe.
- cook dinner cauliflower? On this lasagna recipe, the cauliflower is cooked into the hearty sauce, after which it’s baked extra within the remaining lasagna within the oven. The result’s a stunning lasagna during which the cauliflower is tender however nonetheless holds its form.
Comply with alongside as I present you to make this scrumptious recipe for Cauliflower Spinach Lasagna on this video right here.
This tremendous straightforward Vegan Cauliflower Spinach Lasagna is healthful and hearty—stuffed with creamy layers of cauliflower herbed marinara sauce, spinach, plant-based cheese and bitter cream, and topped with pine nuts.
Cauliflower Marinara Sauce:
Layers and Toppings:
- Put together Cauliflower Marinara Sauce: Warmth olive oil in a big sauté pan or skillet. Add onion, pepper, cauliflower and garlic and sauté 8 minutes. Stir in oregano, smoked paprika and marinara sauce and warmth till bubbly.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- To arrange lasagna, spray a 9 × 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Organize 3 sheets of lasagna noodles on the underside of the dish, then prime with half of the spinach (3 ounces), half of the cauliflower marinara sauce, 1/2 cup of the plant-based bitter cream in dollops, and 1/2 cup plant-based cheese. Repeat layers once more. Sprinkle with pine-nuts.
- Cowl with foil and bake for 40 minutes on prime rack of oven. Take away foil and bake for an extra 10-Quarter-hour, till browned and cooked by.
- Slice into 8 squares and serve instantly.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free lasagna noodles, and gluten-free plant-based cheese and bitter cream.
- Prep Time: Quarter-hour
- Prepare dinner Time: 60 minutes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: Italian, American
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 230
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 409 mg
- Fats: 8 g
- Saturated Fats: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 9 g
Key phrases: cauliflower, cauliflower lasagna, spinach, vegan lasagna
For extra plant-based cauliflower recipes, try a few of my favorites right here:
Wholesome Buffalo Cauliflower with Ranch Dip
Spicy Cauliflower Cilantro Salad
Purple Cauliflower Salad with Lemon French dressing
Simple Cauliflower Chickpea Tacos
Cauliflower Chickpea Pozole Verde
Roasted Romanesco Cauliflower with Raisins and Pine Nuts
This publish might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, click on right here.
Leave a Reply