The United Arab Emirates is an interesting nation positioned within the Center East, and it’s made up of seven distinct emirates. Every one has its personal distinctive panorama and points of interest whereas sharing a mutual tradition. From the cosmopolitan metropolis of Dubai to the scenic mountains of Ras Al Khaimah, this information supplies an summary of all seven emirates and what makes them stand out from one another.
The UAE is a small nation that as an entire share an Emirati tradition, with comparable traditions and meals. The variation between areas is extra the pure panorama and Dubai out of all of the Emirates is exclusive attributable to its enormous expatriate inhabitants which dwarfs the native Emirati inhabitants.
We’ve included the distinctive points of interest of every emirate. When you select to go to a museum or do a cultural expertise in one of many Emirates, you can see many similarities to different Emirates. We hope this information helps you uncover all that the United Arab Emirates has to supply!
Take pleasure in your keep and have a beautiful time exploring these wonderful emirates.
Overview of the United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven emirates: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah. Collectively they type a singular nation with one thing to supply everybody.
- Abu Dhabi: The capital of the UAE and the most important Emirate by way of dimension.
- Dubai: Probably the most well-known Emirate with the most important inhabitants
- Sharjah: Usually referred to as the Cultural Capital of the UAE, Sharjah has a wealthy historical past, and its archaeological websites
- Ajman: This smallest Emirate is thought for its enjoyable ambiance and its conventional souks (markets).
- Umm Al Quwain: Umm Al Quwain is the least populated and most rural of the Emirates
- Ras Al Khaimah: This Emirate boasts a spectacular mountainous panorama with lush oases.
- Fujairah: This coastal emirate has among the nation’s finest seashores and is thought for its pure magnificence.
The United Arab Emirates lies within the southeast of the Arabian Peninsula and is bordered by Oman to the east and Saudi Arabia to the south. The nation’s whole space is roughly 83,600 sq. kilometers (32,300 sq mi) with a desert local weather.
Inhabitants & Tradition
The inhabitants of the UAE is estimated at 9.6 million (as of 2021), with Abu Dhabi and Dubai being probably the most populous emirates.
The official language is Arabic, however English is broadly spoken in lots of components of the nation. As for tradition, the UAE is a melting pot of various cultures coming collectively to type its distinctive id. You’ll discover each Persian and Indian influences as a result of a few years of commerce together with migration.
Conventional Emirati Delicacies
The United Arab Emirates has a singular delicacies that’s influenced by Arabic, Indian, and Persian traditions. Conventional dishes embrace “machboos” (rice with spices and meat), “harees” (a dish produced from wheat and meat), and “chebab” (pancake).
Many of those dishes are shared throughout the UAE and even many dishes are comparable throughout the entire Arabian Gulf area.
Finest locations to strive Emirati meals:
Arabian Tea Home: Branches in Dubai & Sharjah, serving Emirati and Center Japanese Dishes.
Al Fanar Restaurant & Café: Situated in Abu Dhabi, Dubai & Sharjah and presents a spread of Emirati dishes.
Skeek Restaurant: Situated in Ras Al Khaimah, focuses on trendy Emirati delicacies.
Tawa Bakery: Based mostly in Abu Dhabi & Dubai this one is exclusive and presents Emirati plus different baked items gluten-free.
Native Customs & Traditions
A number of the customs and traditions discovered within the UAE embrace:
- Okhushmak Greeting: The standard greeting within the UAE solely finished by males the place they contact noses collectively
- Khandura: Conventional gown for Emirati males that’s nonetheless worn as we speak
- Abaya: The standard gown worn by ladies, can are available many colours however is often black and like a protracted cloak.
- Eid: There are two Eids within the Islamic Calendar 12 months and each are massive holidays within the UAE.
Issues to pay attention to within the UAE
There are some things guests ought to take into accout when visiting the UAE as it’s a Muslim nation. Corresponding to respecting traditions round clothes, not ingesting alcohol in public, and avoiding public shows of affection.
Dubai is probably the most liberal and westernized out of the entire Emirates so guidelines round modesty are much more relaxed right here however for different Emirates, you’ll need to be extra conscious of the foundations. Particularly Sharjah which tends to be one of many strictest, alcohol can be unlawful in Sharjah.
Widespread occasions within the UAE
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is an annual Formulation One race held within the capital metropolis of Abu Dhabi. Held since 2009, it has change into a preferred occasion for residents and vacationers alike.
Dubai Obligation Free Tennis Championships
The Dubai Obligation-Free Tennis Championships is an annual match held in Dubai. It attracts among the world’s high gamers and is likely one of the most prestigious occasions on the skilled tour.
Sharjah Gentle Pageant
The Sharjah Gentle Pageant is held yearly in December, that includes shows of sunshine artwork installations from around the globe. It has change into an more and more well-liked occasion with guests coming from far and vast to witness the spectacular shows.
The Dubai Cup is an annual horse race that takes place within the metropolis of Dubai. It attracts among the world’s finest horses and riders, making it a preferred occasion the place everybody will get very dressed as much as attend.
New Years Eve
Dubai is thought globally for its New Yr’s Eve celebrations the place you possibly can witness fireworks throughout the town at its many iconic points of interest corresponding to Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab & Palm Jumeirah.
The capital metropolis of the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi is the most important emirate by landmass and residential to among the most iconic landmarks within the nation. It options an array of recent points of interest corresponding to Ferrari World and Yas Marina Circuit, in addition to conventional websites like Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque. There’s loads to discover right here from museums to markets and from seashores to abandon safaris.
When you fly into Dubai Airport, it’s simple to get to Abu Dhabi from Dubai. The journey takes round an hour or round an hour and a half for those who take the general public bus.
Key Landmarks and Points of interest in Abu Dhabi
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is likely one of the world’s largest and most spectacular mosques. Guests can be mesmerized by its majestic dome and complex particulars.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is an amusement park that includes enjoyable rides and points of interest primarily based on the well-known Italian sports activities automobile producer Ferrari.
- Yas Marina Circuit is a Grand Prix racetrack, that hosts Formulation 1 and different worldwide motor races.
- Louvre Abu Dhabi is the primary of its type within the area and showcases paintings from around the globe. Together with exhibitions.
- Warner Bros Abu Dhabi is an indoor theme park primarily based on the characters from the Warner Bros motion pictures.
- Qasr Al Watan is a palace that homes the workplaces of the President of the UAE. Guests can discover its grand halls and study extra concerning the historical past and tradition of the nation.
Probably the most populous emirate and the business heart of the UAE, Dubai is thought for its trendy skyline, luxurious purchasing malls, and well-known artifical points of interest corresponding to Palm Jumeirah, Burj Khalifa, and Dubai Mall what make it an amazing vacation spot for a brief layover. It’s an excellent vacation spot for expats in addition to seaside lovers with loads of sandy seashores and resort resorts to discover.
Key Landmarks and Points of interest in Dubai
- Burj Khalifa is the world’s tallest constructing and presents spectacular views of the town from its remark decks on ranges 124th and one hundred and twenty fifth ground.
- Palm Jumeirah is an iconic artifical archipelago and residential to among the most luxurious beachfront resorts on this planet together with the well-known Atlantis.
- Dubai Mall is the most important shopping center on this planet and options countless purchasing choices in addition to leisure amenities.
- Wild Wadi Waterpark is an award-winning water park that includes over 30 thrilling rides and points of interest for all ages.
- Dubai Body is a formidable construction positioned in Zabeel Park that gives guests 360-degree views of the town.
Additionally learn: What Dubai taught me
The third largest emirate and cultural capital of the UAE, Sharjah is thought for its distinctive appeal and conventional magnificence. Its shoreline is dotted with lovely seashores and there are a variety of historic websites to discover.
Key Landmarks and Points of interest in Sharjah
- Al Hisn Fort is a historic construction in Sharjah and a preferred vacationer spot. It dates again to the 18th century and was used as a royal residence for a few years.
- Mleiha Archaeological Centre is an open-air museum that showcases artifacts from Bronze Age civilizations in Arabia.
- Sharjah Heritage Museum is house to among the oldest artifacts within the area and presents an interesting perception into the Emirate’s historical past.
- Sharjah Aquarium is likely one of the largest aquariums within the Center East and options greater than 100 species of marine life.
Ras Al Khaimah
Ras Al Khaimah is thought for its gorgeous seashores, conventional villages, and archaeological websites. This Emirate presents loads of actions from mountain mountaineering to sizzling springs and from watersports to exploring the native tradition.
Key Landmarks and Points of interest in Ras Al Khaimah
- Jebel Jais is the best peak within the UAE and a preferred attraction for these searching for an adrenaline rush with the world’s longest zip line.
- Ras Al Khaimah Nationwide Museum shows archaeological artifacts from everywhere in the emirate and supplies guests with an perception into its wealthy historical past.
- Khatt Springs are pure sizzling springs positioned within the village of Khatt, providing guests an opportunity to chill out in any case day exploring.
- Suwaidi Pearls Farm is likely one of the oldest pearl farms within the area and presents guests a glimpse into the standard craft of pearl cultivation.
Umm Al Quwain
Umm Al Quwain is thought for its peaceable ambiance and conventional fishing villages. It’s house to some gorgeous landscapes and an array of wildlife making it an amazing vacation spot for out of doors actions corresponding to tenting, fishing, and chook watching. There are additionally many farms right here.
Key Landmarks and Points of interest in Umm Al Quwain
- Al Sinniyah Island is a nature reserve house to a wide range of birds splendid for bird-watching fans.
- Dreamland Aqua Park is likely one of the hottest water parks within the nation and options over 30 thrilling rides and points of interest.
- Umm Al Quwain Fort is an 18th-century fort located on high of a hill overlooking the ocean and presents gorgeous views of the town.
- Umm Al Quwain Corniche is an attractive stretch of promenade alongside the coast with lovely clear waters and a preferred spot to have BBQs.
The smallest emirate within the UAE, Ajman is thought for its conventional markets, historic websites, and idyllic seashores. It has actions on provide corresponding to dune bashing, camel racing, and crusing. It may also be much more inexpensive than different Emirates for those who’re wanting to remain at a seaside resort or luxurious resort.
Key Landmarks and Points of interest in Ajman
- Ajman Museum exhibits artifacts from the Bronze Age in addition to native Islamic tradition.
- Ajman Seashore is likely one of the most lovely seashores within the nation and recognized for its crystal clear waters and white sands.
- Ajman Dhow Yard is a conventional boat-building facility the place guests can watch how wood boats are made by hand.
- Al Zohah Golf Membership is a world-class golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus and presents a difficult 18-hole course.
Fujairah is thought for its gorgeous seashores, wealthy pure aquatic life, and dramatic mountains. It has among the finest diving spots within the area and presents loads of actions from trekking to fishing.
Key Landmarks and Points of interest in Fujairah
- Fujairah Fort is an historic fort relationship again to the seventeenth century located on a hill overlooking the town.
- Fujairah Heritage Village is a recreated conventional village that showcases the native customs and traditions of the emirate.
- Wadi Wurayah is a pure oasis surrounded by mountains, caves, and waterfalls and ideal for out of doors actions corresponding to mountaineering and swimming.
- Snoopy Island is a small island accessible solely by boat and an amazing spot for swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing.
- Al Bidya Mosque is the oldest mosque within the UAE and is believed to be constructed over 500 years in the past.
It’s clear that the United Arab Emirates has a lot to supply, from gorgeous waters good for diving in Fujairah to conventional historic websites in Sharjah. With its wealthy historical past, numerous tradition, and an array of actions on provide for all ages, there’s something for everybody on this lovely nation.
Whether or not you’re in search of a soothing luxurious seaside vacation in Dubai or an adventurous getaway into nature, the UAE has all of it!
So what are you ready for? Begin planning your journey as we speak and uncover why the 7 emirates of the United Arab Emirates have change into one of many world’s hottest vacationer locations.
Leave a Reply