These taco bowls are filled with completely seasoned floor beef, veggies, and beans served over rice and topped with avocado and contemporary cilantro. They’re fast and simple to throw collectively and make for the right all-in-one meal.
Straightforward Taco Rice Bowls
Are you in search of a brand new spin on taco evening? Attempt these taco rice bowls as an alternative! All of the goodies you’d discover in a scrumptious taco served over rice as an alternative of wrapped up in a tortilla. Between the meat, the veggies, the black beans, and the rice, you might be getting a complete meal out of only one recipe.
Because of the taco seasoning added to the meat and the beans, every thing is bursting with taste. And Taco Bowls are prepared in simply half-hour! You’ll be enthusiastically plunging your fork into these bowls very quickly.
What You’ll Want
Right here’s what you’ll need to make these straightforward beef taco bowls. It doesn’t take a lot, however they arrive collectively to make a scrumptious dish.
- Jasmine rice – Be sure to rinse the rice earlier than utilizing.
Roasted bell peppers
- Bell peppers – Use any coloration you’d like.
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Floor black pepper
- Canned black beans – Black beans are my favorites, however you might use pinto beans as an alternative. Refried beans would work right here as properly.
- Taco seasoning – I used Dealer Joe’s taco seasoning, however any 1-ounce packet will do.
- Sea salt
Seasoned floor beef
- Olive oil
- Floor beef – Be happy to make use of floor hen or turkey as an alternative.
- Sea salt
- Taco seasoning
Wholesome Taco Bowl Toppings & Variations
These taco bowls are fairly fabulous as is however by all means be at liberty to mess around with completely different toppings and variations. Listed below are some ideas.
- Select a special protein. Floor turkey or hen would work properly right here. Feeling inventive? Exchange the bottom beef with the meat from my On the spot Pot Hen Carnitas Tacos recipe.
- Add further veggies. The bell peppers are nice on this recipe however be at liberty so as to add roasted zucchini, tomatoes, and even mushrooms.
- Add salsa or guacamole. Add a dollop of your favourite store-bought model or attempt making your personal. I’ve been loving this Avocado Tomatillo Salsa, my Avocado Salsa, and this Recent Mango Guacamole.
- Make it a salad. Throw these taco bowls over a mattress of lettuce and also you’ve obtained your self a taco salad!
Tips on how to Make Taco Bowls
This recipe requires you to cook dinner the rice, roast the bell peppers, warmth the beans, and cook dinner the bottom beef. Every part could be very easy to arrange and can take solely a short while. Simply observe the recipe one step at a time. Be sure to scroll to the recipe card beneath for extra detailed directions.
Make the Rice
- Boil the water and add the rice earlier than decreasing the warmth to a simmer.
- Prepare dinner the rice lined for about 20 minutes earlier than eradicating from the warmth and fluffing with a fork.
Roast the Bell Peppers
- Unfold the bell peppers over a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil, cumin, smoked paprika, sea salt, and floor black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425˚F, stirring midway by.
Prep the Beans
- Mix the beans and the taco seasoning in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
Make the Seasoned floor beef
- Warmth the olive oil over medium-high warmth and add the onions and saute till translucent.
- Brown the bottom beef. Add the meat to the pan with the onions and season with sea salt and taco seasoning. Brown the meat, breaking it aside, and stir till browned and cooked by.
Assemble Your Taco Bowls
- Distribute the rice, beans, bell peppers, and floor beef between 4 bowls.
- Prime with cilantro and avocado.
Suggestions for Success
Anybody could make these easy taco bowls, however there are undoubtedly a few little suggestions and tips you possibly can observe that gives you the very best outcomes. Right here they’re.
- Decide the correct rice. You will need to choose rice that has a comparatively low starch content material. Lengthy-grained rice like Jasmine and Basmati would each be nice picks. Rice excessive in starch tends to clump up, which you don’t want on this dish.
- Don’t crowd the pan. You need as a lot floor space of the meat to the touch the recent pan as attainable to ensure that it to brown correctly. So be certain that your pan is massive sufficient and that you don’t overcrowd it.
- Test on the bell peppers. Bell peppers have a behavior of sticking to aluminum foil when roasting. So be certain that to provide them a toss midway by their time within the oven.
Beef Taco Bowl Serving Solutions
These taco bowls are a whole meal in and of themselves, however that doesn’t imply you possibly can’t experiment by serving them with a scrumptious facet or a relaxing cocktail. Listed below are a few of my favourite methods to serve wholesome taco bowls.
Tips on how to Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
- Put together all the part of those taco bowls (the rice, the beans, the roasted bell peppers, and the seasoned floor beef) and permit them to chill fully earlier than sealing them in separate hermetic containers. Retailer the separated elements within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- When it’s time to reheat, assemble the rice bowls (don’t add the avocado and cilantro simply but) and pop them within the microwave for 1 minute. As soon as they’re heat, prepare the avocado slices and chopped contemporary cilantro excessive. Serve.
Extra Straightforward Recipes with Taco Taste
Tacos are such a fast and simple solution to get your whole vitamins in a single compact bundle. Take a look at these different straightforward taco recipes. Let me know which is your favourite.
For the roasted bell peppers
Carry the water to a boil in a saucepan.
Add the rice and cut back the warmth to a simmer.
Cowl and cook dinner for about 20 minutes or till all the water has absorbed into the rice.
Fluff with a fork. Put aside.
Roasted bell peppers
Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and unfold the bell peppers over it.
Drizzle the olive oil over the bell peppers.
Season with cumin, smoked paprika, sea salt, and floor black pepper and toss to coat the bell peppers within the olive oil and seasoning.
Roast within the preheated oven for quarter-hour, stirring midway by.
In the meantime, add the beans, the taco seasoning, and a splash of water to a small saucepan and simmer over low warmth for about 8 minutes, stirring usually.
Within the meantime, warmth the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet set over medium-high warmth.
Add the onion and sauté till translucent, about 2 minutes.
Add the bottom beef and break it aside with a picket spoon till it covers the floor of the pan.
Stir within the taco seasoning and salt and cook dinner the meat till browned, about 6 to eight minutes, stirring often. Take away from warmth.
Put ½ cup of cooked rice within the backside of every of the 4 bowls.
Prime the rice with the meat, beans, and roasted bell peppers (distribute the elements evenly between every bowl).
Divide the cilantro between every bowl.
Fan avocado slices over every bowl.
- Floor Beef: If you want to swap floor beef for floor hen, pork, or turkey, be at liberty to take action.
- Rice: For rice bowls, you need to use rice with low starch content material. Jasmine and Basmati, and every other long-grain rice are nice picks.
- Taco Seasoning: Use your favourite taco seasoning – I virtually at all times make my very own or purchase the “Ortega” model or Dealer Joe’s taco seasoning.
- Beans: The beans want a bit of warmth to cook dinner them by. Sure, the canning course of does cook dinner the beans, and they’re suitable for eating as is, however I wish to season them and heat them up for a number of minutes earlier than utilizing them.
- For variation, add further veggies like tomatoes or zucchini. You can even add a dollop of bitter cream, salsa, or guacamole on prime.
Serving: 1 bowl | Energy: 609 kcal | Carbohydrates: 69 g | Protein: 37 g | Fats: 21 g | Saturated Fats: 5 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 13 g | Trans Fats: 0.4 g | Ldl cholesterol: 70 mg | Sodium: 1712 mg | Potassium: 1301 mg | Fiber: 15 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 3285 IU | Vitamin C: 125 mg | Calcium: 94 mg | Iron: 7 mg | Web Carbs: 54 g
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values could fluctuate in keeping with the elements and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.
Leave a Reply