Creamy, skinny hen fettuccine Alfredo is a scrumptious, lightened-up model of the traditional pasta dish. Tossed in a flavorful selfmade Alfredo sauce and topped with juicy baked hen, it’s an ideal, restaurant-quality homecooked meal.
Indulge on this Rooster Fettuccine Alfredo – a creamy, dreamy twist on the traditional pasta dish. I lightened it up for a guilt-free expertise with out sacrificing taste. Silky fettuccine is tossed in selfmade Alfredo sauce, and all of it comes along with juicy baked hen on prime. It’s the consolation meals you’ve been craving however lightened up and nonetheless simply as scrumptious.
Why We Love This Skinny Rooster Alfredo
- Skinny sauce. This skinny Alfredo sauce is lighter, nevertheless it’s nonetheless wealthy, creamy, and tacky. The key is utilizing plain yogurt instead of heavy cream.
- Restaurant-quality. Should you love the long-lasting hen fettuccine Alfredo from Olive Backyard, now you possibly can get pleasure from all these creamy, savory flavors at residence.
- All-in-one dinner. With tender pasta, cream sauce, and juicy hen, this can be a full meal!
Elements for Rooster Alfredo
- Cooked hen breasts or thighs.
- Fettuccine Pasta, use low-carb pasta or whole-wheat pasta.
- Olive Oil
- All-purpose flour creates a roux that thickens the sauce.
- Rooster Broth
- Parmesan Cheese
- Plain Yogurt is used as a substitute of heavy cream to make a lighter sauce.
- Dried parsley for the sauce.
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Skinny Rooster Fettuccine Alfredo
- Put together the hen. Cook dinner the hen breasts utilizing your required technique. I take advantage of this oven baked hen breasts recipe because it’s fast and simple.
- Cook dinner the pasta. In the meantime, cook dinner the pasta based on package deal directions.
- Make the sauce. Subsequent, in a saucepan, warmth olive oil and sauté the garlic. Add the flour after which whisk in 1 cup of hen broth. Permit the combination to thicken, then whisk in grated Parmesan cheese till clean and creamy.
- Add yogurt and seasonings. Add the yogurt to the sauce, together with a sprinkle of dried parsley. Season with salt and pepper to style, adjusting the seasoning as desired.
- Mix. Toss the cooked pasta within the creamy Alfredo sauce till effectively coated. Slice the ready hen breasts and gently nestle them into the pasta. Serve.
Recipe Suggestions and Variations
- Add some salt to the water you’ll use to boil the pasta.
- Don’t overcook the pasta and solely cook dinner the pasta till it’s al dente.
- The sauce thickens the longer it stands however should you discover that the Alfredo sauce is a bit too thick, add a bit extra milk or water to skinny it out.
- Add greens like broccoli, bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach so as to add colour, texture, and further vitamins.
- Substitute hen with shrimp scampi, grilled steak strips (like in my Alfredo pasta with steak), Italian sausage, and even cooked tofu.
- Low-carb pasta is scrumptious. You can also make this with low-carb noodles or zucchini noodles.
- Add extra seasonings like oregano, thyme, rosemary, and Italian seasoning, or crushed pink pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
A recent inexperienced goddess salad, lemon kale Caesar salad, or this scrumptious tomato burrata salad contrasts the wealthy and creamy pasta. Steamed or roasted greens like broccoli, asparagus, or zucchini add a pop of colour to the plate. Or you possibly can go all-out, Olive Backyard-style, with lightened-up garlic breadsticks or heat, crusty selfmade focaccia bread.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
- Fridge. Refrigerate leftover pasta hermetic for 3 to 4 days.
- To Reheat. Reheat it within the microwave or in a skillet on the stovetop. Stir in a tablespoon of milk to assist emulsify the sauce once more.
Extra Alfredo Pasta Recipes
Extra Simple Rooster Pasta Recipes
Cook dinner pasta based on the instructions on the field; put aside.
Warmth olive oil in a skillet over medium-high warmth.
Add garlic and cook dinner for 1 minute or till aromatic.
Stir in flour; stir till mixed.
Slowly whisk in hen broth.
Cook dinner and stir till combination boils and thickens; take away from warmth.
Stir in parmesan cheese; stir till melted.
Whisk within the yogurt; whisk till mixed.
Season with dried parsley, salt and pepper.
Sauce will proceed to thicken because it stands. If sauce is simply too thick, add a bit extra milk.
Pour sauce over cooked fettuccine; combine till mixed.
Switch to plates and prime with beforehand ready hen.
Garnish with basil ribbons and serve.
- Fettuccine Pasta: Cook dinner the pasta till it’s al dente, which implies it’s cooked however nonetheless agency to the chunk. This helps to take care of a delightful texture when mixed with the sauce and hen.
- Earlier than draining the pasta, reserve about 1/2 cup of the cooking water; this starchy water can be utilized to regulate the consistency of the sauce if wanted.
- Add sauteed or roasted greens for further vitamins. Diced bell peppers, sliced mushrooms, or child spinach are nice additions.
- In order for you one thing apart from hen, you need to use shrimp, steak strips, or cooked Italian sausage.
- Be at liberty to use different pasta shapes like penne, spaghetti, or linguine. You can too strive it with my favourite 👉 low-carb pasta 👈.
- Improve the flavour and add herbs akin to dried oregano, or spices like pink pepper flakes.
Energy: 482 kcal | Carbohydrates: 50 g | Protein: 33 g | Fats: 17 g | Saturated Fats: 4 g | Ldl cholesterol: 65 mg | Sodium: 550 mg | Potassium: 546 mg | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 135 IU | Vitamin C: 1.7 mg | Calcium: 229 mg | Iron: 2.9 mg
Dietary data is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values could fluctuate based on the components and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed data.