Breakfast for a crowd simply received a complete lot simpler with these sheet pan eggs. Sautéed onions and mushrooms, gruyere, pecorino, and half-and-half are whisked along with eggs, poured right into a sheet pan, and baked into a superbly sliceable, sharable sheet of breakfast goodness.
Simple Sheet Pan Eggs Recipe
Searching for a fast, hassle-free breakfast possibility that’s tasty, good for you, and excellent for a crowd? It’s important to strive these sheet pan eggs. A easy combination of sautéed mushrooms and onions, eggs, gruyere, pecorino, and a contact of half-and-half is poured right into a sheet pan and baked right into a scrumptious “scramble”. The deep, savory flavors of the sautéed veggies, the nuttiness of the gruyere, the sharp chew of the pecorino, and the taming creaminess of the half and half come collectively within the excellent marriage of flavors that’s certain to fulfill style buds far and huge. I like that you could make so many servings at a time. Simply slice your sheet pan eggs into 12 or so parts to feed the entire gang.
You’ll solely want 10 minutes within the kitchen earlier than popping these simple eggs within the oven and going about your morning. Plus, clean-up is a cinch. Say goodbye to the mess and fuss of conventional stovetop scrambled eggs and make manner to your new favourite breakfast resolution.
Why You’ll Love Sheet Pan Scrambled Eggs
This egg-centric recipe would possibly simply turn out to be a brand new breakfast staple. It’s really easy to throw collectively and excellent for a crowd.
- Easy. Sheet pan eggs are extremely simple to make. Simply saute some veggies, whisk some eggs, mix all of it with cheese and half-and-half, and bake in a sheet pan.
- Wealthy and flavorful. The meaty mushrooms, the creamy half-and-half, the chew of the pecorino, and the nuttiness of the gruyere all come collectively to create a flavorful breakfast dish.
- Customizable. Swap up your cheeses, get artistic with add-ins, and/or play with seasonings. This recipe is well tailor-made to suit your style preferences.
- Simple cleanup. No extra slaving over dishes. A parchment paper-lined sheet pan is manner simpler to wash up than an eggy skillet. But one more reason why this dreamy breakfast recipe makes it to the highest of my checklist of hassle-free breakfasts.
How To Make Sheet Pan Eggs
This dish is the last word breakfast hack, and this straightforward information will present you easy methods to make it. It’s only a fuss-free recipe that mixes recent components and minimal effort for a beautiful morning meal. For the complete recipe, be sure to scroll to the recipe card under.
Components For Sheet Pan Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Child Bella Mushrooms: White mushrooms would additionally work.
- Half and Half: Be at liberty to make use of entire milk or 2% as a substitute for a barely lighter dish.
- Shredded Gruyere & Pecorino: You may as well experiment with different cheeses.
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12 X 17-inch rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Sauté the veggies. Soften the butter over medium warmth. Add the onions, season with salt, and sauté till translucent. Add the mushrooms and sauté till tender.
- Scramble. Whisk collectively the eggs, half and half, salt, and floor black pepper.
- Add the mix-ins. Stir within the veggies and cheeses.
- Bake. Pour the egg combination onto the ready sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Add-Ins & Variations For Scrambled Eggs
One of many nice issues about these sheet pan eggs is that they’re endlessly customizable. Contemplate this recipe an overview so that you can construct on. Add components. Take them away. Attempt a distinct cheese. Go wild! Listed below are some concepts for you.
- Recent herbs. I like incorporating recent chives, parsley, and/or tarragon into the egg combination.
- Pack within the veggies. Don’t cease at mushrooms. Add some sautéed bell peppers, zucchini, and/or spinach to the combo for a fair heartier dose of greens.
- Cater to carnivores. Add cooked bacon or breakfast sausage for an additional protein increase.
- Make it spicy. A pinch of crimson pepper flakes or a touch of scorching sauce would make the proper addition for these of you who like a little bit of spice.
- Tex-Mex. Fold in some tomatoes and cilantro and prime with avocado and salsa for a south-of-the-border rendition of this crowd-friendly dish.
- Make it Mediterranean. Swap the mushrooms out for sun-dried tomatoes and Kalamata olives and go for feta as a substitute of gruyere.
Suggestions for Success
- Use a rimmed baking sheet. This will go with out saying however I simply need to drive the purpose residence. You want a rim in your baking sheet until you need your eggs to spill out everywhere in the oven.
- Parchment paper. I actually recommend utilizing parchment paper right here. You could possibly get away with coat of non-stick baking spray or non-stick aluminum foil, however the eggs would possibly nonetheless stick.
- Don’t crowd the pan. When sautéing the mushrooms, you need to give them loads of room to breathe. In the event you overcrowd the pan, the mushrooms will launch moisture and develop a rubbery texture.
- Don’t over-beat the eggs. Over-beating the eggs may cause them to get rubbery as they prepare dinner. So, whisk simply till the whites have principally blended with the yolks.
- Transfer shortly. You need to get the eggs within the oven quickly after whisking them. Whisking the eggs incorporates some air into them, which provides them a light-weight, fluffy texture when baked. That air will slowly depart the eggs the longer they sit after whisking.
- Don’t overcook. You need to bake simply till the eggs are set within the middle of the pan. I like to recommend checking for doneness about 5 minutes earlier than the cooking time is up.
What to Serve with Sheet Pan Eggs
Don’t let these eggs face the world alone! They’re even higher when loved with different culinary masterpieces. Listed below are a few of my favourite methods to do it.
Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
- Fridge. Permit eggs to chill, reduce them into particular person parts, and switch them to an hermetic container. They are going to preserve properly for as much as 4 days within the fridge.
- Freezer. Cool the eggs, reduce them into particular person servings, freeze them on a sheet pan to agency for a few hours, then switch them to an hermetic container or freezer bag. Retailer within the freezer for as much as 3 months, and thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- To reheat. Organize the specified portion/s on a baking sheet, cowl with aluminum foil, and bake at 350˚F for quarter-hour or till heated via. If utilizing the microwave, warmth the eggs in 20-second intervals till heat.
Extra Simple Egg Recipes
I like eggs for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. This sheet pan egg recipe has captured my coronary heart however so have these different egg-centric dishes. Let me know which is your favourite.
Prep. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 12 X 17-inch rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
Sauté the veggies. Soften the butter over medium warmth in a big skillet. Add the onions, season with salt, and sauté till translucent. Add the mushrooms and sauté till browned and tender. Put aside.
Scramble. Crack the eggs into a big mixing bowl and add the half and half, salt, and floor black pepper. Whisk till the eggs are properly crushed, and every part is mixed.
Put all of it collectively. Stir the sauteed veggies and the 2 cheeses into the egg combination.
Bake. Pour the egg combination onto the ready sheet pan. Use a rubber spatula to unfold the combination evenly over the sheet pan if essential. Bake for 20 minutes or till the eggs are set, and the highest is golden brown.
Serve. Take away the eggs from the oven and permit them to chill for a couple of minutes earlier than slicing them into squares and serving.
- Add-Ins: Customise these sheet pan eggs to your liking by including or eradicating components. Experiment with completely different cheeses and mix-ins. Attempt recent herbs like chives, parsley, or tarragon. Enhance the veggie content material with sautéed bell peppers, zucchini, spinach, or your favourite veggies. Add cooked bacon or breakfast sausage for further protein.
- Use a rimmed baking sheet to forestall spills within the oven.
- Parchment paper is really useful to forestall sticking; non-stick spray or foil might not work as successfully.
- Keep away from over-beating the eggs, which may end up in a rubbery texture.
- Work shortly after whisking the eggs to keep up their mild, fluffy texture.
- Bake till the middle units, as overcooking can result in toughness. Examine for doneness 5 minutes earlier than the really useful cooking time.
- Storage: Cool the eggs, retailer them in an hermetic container, and refrigerate for as much as 4 days. To freeze, reduce the sheet pan eggs into particular person parts, and retailer them in an hermetic container or freezer bag for as much as 3 months. Thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1 slice | Energy: 213 kcal | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Protein: 16 g | Fats: 15 g | Saturated Fats: 6 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5 g | Trans Fats: 0.1 g | Ldl cholesterol: 405 mg | Sodium: 711 mg | Potassium: 303 mg | Fiber: 0.3 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 710 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 124 mg | Iron: 2 mg | Internet Carbs: 3 g
Dietary data is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values might differ in accordance with the components and instruments used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed data.