Ahh, a young, golden baked scone, recent out of the oven! It’s the right accompaniment for a comforting breakfast, espresso or tea break, and even dessert. And lemon scones are even higher, because of the intense, recent style of lemons shining by. This vegan scones recipe is really easy, plus it’s a bit lighter and more healthy than your common scone. Decrease in sugar and utilizing about half complete wheat flour, these Vegan Lemon Scones with Currants are mighty scrumptious! The lemon flavors come by the use of the recent lemon zest and juice within the scone dough, in addition to lemon zest and juice within the glaze, which is non-obligatory. You may serve these scones with or with out the glaze, it’s as much as you!
These vegan scones additionally embrace small dried currants, for a stunning crunchy texture and style. You will discover dried currants at well-stocked outlets and on-line. However you may also substitute raisins or dried blueberries for the dried currants in the event you can’t discover them. This recipe makes six giant scones, however you may also make smaller mini-scones, too! And if you’re aiming for a gluten-free scones recipe, simply swap the wheat flour with a gluten-free flour mix of your alternative!
These tender golden vegan Lemon Scones with Currants are yummy and as straightforward as could be, but they’re a bit lighter and more healthy than your common scone.
Lemon Glaze (non-obligatory):
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (from lemon)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine flax seeds and water in a small dish and put aside.
- With an electrical mixer, mix complete wheat and all goal flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt (if utilizing) in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add items of vegan butter and blend with an electrical mixer till the dough is crumbly.
- Add plant-based milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, flax-water combination, and currants, and blend simply till nicely mixed and types a dough.
- Take away dough from the bowl and place on a floured floor. Utilizing floured fingers, kind the dough right into a ball, then pat right into a spherical form about 7-inches in diameter and 1 ¾-inches thick. Slice into eight equal wedges. (If you wish to make mini-scones, slice into 16 wedges.)
- Switch wedges onto a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes till barely golden brown and tender.
- Whereas scones are baking, make lemon glaze if desired. Combine lemon juice, lemon zest and powdered sugar in a small dish to make a glaze.
- When scones are cooled, drizzle every with glaze.
- Serve instantly. Makes 6 scones.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free flour mix as an alternative of the wheat flours.
- Prep Time: quarter-hour
- Prepare dinner Time: 25 minutes
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 385
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 270 mg
- Fats: 15 g
- Saturated Fats: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 58 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 7 g
Key phrases: vegan scones, lemon scones, vegan scones recipe, currants
For different plant-based baked items recipes, attempt my favorites:
Zucchini Carrot Spice Muffins
Chocolate Zucchini Energy Muffins
Entire Corn Muffins with Spices
Blueberry Millet Muffins
Vegan Candy Potato Bread
This put up might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data click on right here.