This fast and tacky Prompt Pot burrito bowl recipe is gentle, contemporary, and crammed with Mexican-style taste. It’s a straightforward meal that the entire household will love!
This scrumptious, protein-packed Prompt Pot Burrito Bowl is the perfect nutritious dinner or simple lunch on busy weekdays! All it takes is your Prompt Pot and fewer than an hour to make this simple meal bowl bursting with Mexican flavors.
Why We Love This Prompt Pot Burrito Bowl Recipe
- Versatile. Burrito bowls are customizable and tremendous fast to make within the Prompt Pot.
- Nice for newcomers. In the event you’re simply beginning to use an Prompt Pot, that is the right recipe to get you going.
- Numerous protein. After the success of my Prompt Pot beef burritos, I used to be impressed to make a bowl model that was leaner with floor turkey and black beans.
- Simple meal prep. This recipe makes lots of meals. It’s good for prepping weekly meals forward. All leftovers could be refrigerated and stored for later occasions.
Prompt Pot Burrito Bowl Substances
- Vegetable Oil: For sautéing. You may as well use olive oil or avocado oil.
- Onion and Garlic: Our must-have aromatics. I take advantage of yellow onion, however white onion is okay to make use of.
- Fajita Seasoning: I take advantage of my favourite selfmade fajita seasoning, however you need to use your individual mix or store-bought.
- Rooster Broth
- Floor Turkey: You may as well make this recipe with floor rooster or beef.
- Corn and Black Beans: In the event you’re utilizing canned, ensure that to empty and rinse beforehand.
- Salsa: Use your most well-liked jarred salsa.
- Rice: Jasmine rice or one other long-grain rice works finest for this Prompt Pot recipe. Keep away from minute rice.
Make an Prompt Pot Burrito Bowl
You’re about to make the perfect burrito bowl straight from the Prompt Pot! In the event you’re new to cooking with the Prompt Pot, let’s stroll via the steps:
- Sauté the onions and garlic. With the Prompt Pot set to sauté, you’ll begin by cooking the onions and garlic in a little bit of oil.
- Add the substances to the pot. Subsequent, sprinkle within the fajita seasoning and pour in a number of the rooster broth. Add your floor turkey and break it up a bit utilizing a wood spoon. You then’ll stir in your corn, beans, and salsa. Lastly, high every little thing with rice and the remaining rooster broth.
- Prepare dinner. Stress cook dinner on Excessive for 8 minutes, then naturally launch the strain for 12 minutes. Raise the lid and provides every little thing a stir, then let the contents relaxation for a couple of minutes extra earlier than serving.
- Serve! Scoop out the burrito combination into bowls and pile in your toppings. We love ours with avocado, veggies, cheese, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. See beneath for extra concepts.
Recipe Ideas and Variations
- Finances sufficient time. Whereas the cooking time is 8 minutes, the Prompt Pot will want an extra 10 minutes to come back to strain and one other 12 minutes to naturally launch the strain.
- Layer the substances. Correctly layering the burrito substances within the pot, as per the recipe directions, is the important thing to this recipe’s success.
- Totally different protein. Rather than floor turkey, strive floor rooster, floor beef, or pork. I additionally love including shredded salsa verde rooster to a burrito bowl, or this Prompt Pot rooster mole is one other simple Prompt Pot recipe which you could strive.
- Make it vegetarian. To make a vegetarian burrito bowl, skip the bottom meat or substitute it with lentils or plant-based mince.
- Make a breakfast burrito bowl. Comply with this recipe as directed and borrow the toppings from my breakfast burrito recipe.
Burrito Bowl Toppings
- Toppings: sliced or diced avocado, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped chile, diced onions, shredded cheese, salsa, avocado tomatillo salsa, mango guacamole, contemporary cilantro, and/or a squeeze of lime juice.
What to Serve With Burrito Bowls
For a straightforward meatless aspect, do that copycat recipe for Chipotle’s spicy sofritas. We love this spicy selfmade enchilada sauce, chimichurri sauce, or good outdated honey mustard on high. To essentially spherical out a dinner, serve these baked tacos or mahi mahi fish tacos.
- Retailer the burrito combination individually from the toppings in hermetic containers and refrigerate it for as much as 1 week or freeze it for two to three months. Thaw earlier than reheating.
- Reheat the combination within the microwave or in a skillet on the stovetop till it’s sizzling all through.
Extra One Bowl Recipes
Flip the Prompt Pot on saute setting and add the oil. As soon as the oil is sizzling, add within the diced onions and cook dinner for 3 minutes. Stir within the garlic and cook dinner for 20 seconds.
Season with Fajitas Seasoning Combine; add in 1/4 cup of the rooster broth, stir, and simmer for 1 minute.
Add within the floor turkey, break it up with a wood spoon, and season with salt and pepper. Stir within the beans, corn, and salsa to mix.
Add the rice on high of the combination, however do not stir. Add the remaining broth over the rice.
On guide setting, set the strain on HIGH for 8 minutes. Shut and lock the lid. Prompt Pot will take about 10 minutes to preheat after which 10 minutes to cook dinner.
When the cooking time is full, do a pure strain launch for 12 minutes.
Take away the lid and stir. Place the lid again on (powered off) and let stand for five minutes.
Take away the lid and switch the burrito combination to serving bowls.
Prime along with your favourite toppings like tomatoes, avocados, shredded cheese, and so forth.
Squeeze contemporary lime juice over the meals, garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve.
- Cooking Time: The Prompt Pot requires an additional 10 minutes to succeed in strain and an extra 12 minutes for a pure strain launch, along with the 8-minute cook dinner time.
- Layer Substances Appropriately: Making certain the burrito substances are layered as instructed within the recipe is essential for the perfect outcomes.
- Floor Turkey Swap: As an alternative of floor turkey, use floor rooster, beef, or pork.
- Vegetarian Model: Flip this right into a vegetarian burrito bowl by omitting the bottom meat or swapping it with lentils or a plant-based meat various.
Energy: 345 kcal | Carbohydrates: 43 g | Protein: 21 g | Fats: 10 g | Saturated Fats: 4 g | Ldl cholesterol: 44 mg | Sodium: 696 mg | Potassium: 610 mg | Fiber: 6 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 420 IU | Vitamin C: 13.1 mg | Calcium: 117 mg | Iron: 2.7 mg
Dietary data is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values could differ in keeping with the substances and instruments used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed data.