From pan to desk in half-hour, these straightforward teriyaki noodles are as fast as takeout-style dinners get. Tossed in a thick and shiny sauce, they’re stir-fried to sweet-and-savory perfection and sprinkled with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds.
Simple Teriyaki Noodles Recipe
Topped with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds, these straightforward teriyaki noodles are served with a brilliant pop of shade and a few crunch. Made with a fast do-it-yourself teriyaki sauce, they nonetheless come collectively in simply half-hour — which is quicker than ordering in.
Displaying off some candy and savory flavors from soy sauce, darkish brown sugar, and honey, this recipe is cooked till each single noodle is completely coated within the tasty sauce, from tip to tip. Don’t fear if it is advisable to make some substitutions, although. I’ve added all doable swaps to get the perfect teriyaki noodles in your plate.
Served by itself or with shrimp, it’s a incredible side-turned-main that doesn’t require way more than simmering a sauce, boiling some noodles, and mixing all the things collectively. Filled with garlicky ginger goodness, nobody can have hassle slurping these noodles down for dinner.
What You’ll Want
The sauce components are a very powerful, so be sure to’ve received all the things you want earlier than you begin making these straightforward teriyaki noodles. Take a look at the recipe card on the backside of the put up for full ingredient quantities.
For the Selfmade Teriyaki Sauce
- Soy sauce – I used common soy sauce, however you need to use low-sodium as a substitute.
- Darkish brown sugar – Mild brown sugar is a superb substitute. No white sugar, please.
- Uncooked honey – Utilizing half the quantity of agave syrup or rice syrup additionally works.
- Rice vinegar – You possibly can substitute it for cooking sake.
- Sesame oil
- Chili oil – When you don’t have any, or aren’t a fan of it, be at liberty to depart it out.
- Garlic – Strive to not use garlic powder on this recipe.
- Cornstarch – Please don’t use all-purpose flour.
For the Noodles
- Dry egg noodles – Don’t use rice noodles for this recipe.
- Vegetable oil – Corn and canola oil are nice substitutes. No olive oil, please.
- Dried chilis – It’s also possible to add purple pepper flakes as a substitute.
- Soy sauce
- Black sesame seeds – White ones work too.
- Inexperienced onions
The best way to Make Teriyaki Noodles
Even with a do-it-yourself sauce, these straightforward teriyaki noodles come collectively in half-hour. How laborious can they be?
- Make the sauce. Whisk the soy sauce, brown sugar, uncooked honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili oil, and garlic in a small pot. Whisk the water and cornstarch in a small bowl to make a slurry. Add it to the pot and whisk to mix.
- Simmer it. Cook dinner the sauce over medium-low for 7-9 minutes, mixing always, or till the sauce thickens like syrup. Take away it from the warmth.
- Boil the noodles. Boil water in a separate massive pot. Add the noodles and prepare dinner them in response to the package deal directions. Pressure and set them apart.
- Cook dinner the noodles. Place a big pan over medium-high warmth. Add the vegetable oil. Stir within the grated garlic and dried chilis. Cook dinner them for two minutes or till aromatic. Add the noodles and teriyaki sauce. Stir-fry all the things for 5-6 minutes or till heat. The noodles ought to be utterly coated. Modify the seasoning with the remaining two tablespoons of soy sauce. Cook dinner for an additional minute.
- Serve. Take away from the warmth. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and inexperienced onions. Serve and luxuriate in.
Recipe Ideas & Variations
Shrimp and tofu can remodel this straightforward teriyaki noodles recipe into 2 new others. Nonetheless, you’ll must make the noodles for that first. Right here’s how:
- Don’t overcook the noodles. At all times prepare dinner the noodles in response to package deal directions. They need to be “al dente” like pasta, nonetheless having a slight chunk. By no means overcook them as a result of this causes the noodles to interrupt simply.
- Stir gently. Don’t get too excited when you’re cooking, you continue to must be light with the noodles or they’ll break and look battered. I like to recommend utilizing kitchen tongs and punctiliously shifting the noodles round, even lifting them up slightly if doable.
- Add shrimp. Warmth a few tablespoons of vegetable oil in a big pan over excessive warmth. Add 1 pound of medium shrimp and let it prepare dinner for 1 to three minutes on all sides or till pink, opaque, and now not translucent. Season with salt and pepper to style. Take away it from the warmth and use it to high the noodles.
- Use tofu. Slice your favourite extra-firm tofu into 1/2″ thick slices. Add 2-3 teaspoons of vegetable oil to a pan over medium warmth. Add the tofu and drizzle it with 1/2-1 tablespoon of soy sauce on either side. Let it prepare dinner for 3-4 minutes on all sides or till barely grilled. Take away it from the warmth and use it to high your noodles.
- Prep forward. That will help you velocity issues up all through the week, you possibly can put together the sauce as much as 3 days prematurely.
- Add sesame oil. When you’re not throwing the noodles into the sauce instantly after boiling them, gently toss them in 4 teaspoons of sesame oil to forestall them from sticking.
What to Serve with Asian-Type Teriyaki Noodles
These straightforward teriyaki noodles pair nicely with all of your Asian-inspired dishes like my Asian Beef Skewers and Crock Pot Asian Meatballs. Since I like takeout-style nights, I additionally like to serve it with my Orange Rooster Bites, Chinese language Rooster and Broccoli, and Simple Kung Pao Rooster.
For some veggies, I like my Sesame Snap Peas and Child Bok Choy with Heat Garlic Soy Dressing.
The best way to Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
- As soon as totally cooled, refrigerate these straightforward teriyaki noodles in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days. Sadly, they don’t freeze nicely so I don’t suggest doing it.
- To reheat them, sprinkle them with a teaspoon of water after which microwave them for as much as a minute or till heat. It’s also possible to do it in a pan over medium-low warmth. Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to the pan with the noodles. Stir and let the noodles warmth for five to eight minutes, relying on the serving dimension.
Extra Simple Aspect Dish Recipes
For the Selfmade Teriyaki Sauce:
Whisk collectively the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, uncooked honey, sesame oil, chili oil, and garlic in a saucepan.
Whisk collectively the water and cornstarch in a separate bowl to make a slurry. Add it to the sauce within the saucepan and whisk till nicely mixed.
Place the saucepan over medium-low warmth and prepare dinner the sauce for 7 to 9 minutes, often stirring till the sauce thickens. Take away it from the warmth.
Boil water in a separate massive pot. Add the noodles and prepare dinner them in response to the package deal directions. Pressure and set them apart.
Place a wok or massive pan over medium-high warmth. Add the vegetable oil. Stir within the grated garlic and dried chilis and prepare dinner them for two minutes or till aromatic.
Add the noodles and teriyaki sauce to the pan. Stir-fry all the things for five to six minutes or till heat. The noodles ought to be utterly coated. Modify the seasoning with the remaining two tablespoons of soy sauce. Cook dinner for an additional minute.
Take away from the warmth. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and inexperienced onions.
Serve and luxuriate in.
- Noodles: We’re utilizing tagliatelle-type egg noodles for this recipe – don’t use rice noodles. You possibly can, nonetheless, use fettuccine or linguine.
- Chili Oil is completely non-compulsory, and also you don’t have to make use of it in case you don’t wish to.
- When you don’t have dried chilis readily available, you need to use purple pepper flakes to style.
- To hurry issues up, you possibly can put together the teriyaki sauce as much as 3 days prematurely.
Energy: 274 kcal | Carbohydrates: 53 g | Protein: 9 g | Fats: 3 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0.03 g | Ldl cholesterol: 36 mg | Sodium: 1328 mg | Potassium: 201 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 17 g | Vitamin A: 126 IU | Vitamin C: 2 mg | Calcium: 41 mg | Iron: 2 mg | Web Carbs: 51 g
Dietary data is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values might differ in response to the components and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed data.