This juicy air fryer cornish hen is so scrumptious and performed in simply 40 minutes. The air fryer makes the superbly seasoned chook irresistibly crispy on the surface and splendidly tender on the within!
Straightforward Air Fryer Cornish Hen Recipe
I’m so excited to share this scrumptious air fryer Cornish sport hen recipe with you. This little poultry is seasoned with a superbly easy mix that includes thyme and oregano earlier than it’s handed over to the air fryer. It solely takes half-hour for the machine to work its magic on the chook, giving it an ideal, crispy-skinned exterior and a phenomenally tender inside. There’s nothing fairly just like the crunch you’re feeling as you sink your tooth into the completed product, adopted by a mouthful of succulent meat.
You’ll be pleasantly shocked at how fast and straightforward it’s to end up this elegant, scrumptious dinner for 2. So, tie in your apron and preheat that air fryer – you’ll be glad you probably did.
Why You’ll Love This Cornish Hen Recipe
Succulent, crispy-skinned, completely portioned poultry in simply 40 minutes? What’s to not love? Listed below are a few of my favourite issues about this splendidly easy recipe.
- Fast and straightforward. Not solely is that this recipe tremendous easy – simply season your hen and toss it within the air fryer – nevertheless it’s additionally fast. In contrast to roasting an entire hen, which might take hours, Cornish hens are smaller and cook dinner a lot sooner.
- Good portion measurement. This Cornish sport hen is ideal for 1 very hungry individual however 2 can share.
- Crispy on the surface, tender on the within. The great thing about cooking sport hen within the air fryer is that the machine creates that impossible to resist crispy pores and skin with out the necessity for extreme oil or deep frying.
- Extremely customizable. This recipe supplies an amazing baseline for experimentation. I encourage you to play with totally different seasonings, brines, and sauces to customise the style in line with your preferences.
What Is A Cornish Hen?
Regardless of the title, Cornish sport hens will not be really sport birds. The phrase “sport” sort of simply acquired thrown into the title in some unspecified time in the future, however we aren’t actually certain why (maybe to extend gross sales). These scrumptious birds are a crossbreed between Cornish and White Plymouth Rock chickens. They’re harvested at a younger age, whereas they’re nonetheless small and whereas their meat remains to be very tender and their taste delicate.
Right here’s an inventory of what you’ll must make Cornish hen within the air fryer. Scroll to the recipe card beneath for precise measurements.
- Cornish sport hen – I used a 1 1/2-pound chook. You may choose a smaller or bigger Cornish sport hen. Simply be aware that you could be want to regulate your cooking time.
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Oregano
How To Prepare dinner Cornish Hen In Air Fryer
- Prep the air fryer. Preheat your air fryer to 375°F for five minutes after which grease the basket.
- Prep the hen. Rinse the Cornish sport hen and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Season the hen. Whisk collectively the salt, garlic powder, black pepper, thyme, and oregano. Rub the chook with olive oil and sprinkle it with the seasoning mix.
- Air fry. Air fry the chook, breast aspect down, for 20 minutes. Flip and cook dinner for 10 extra minutes or till the inner temperature of the chook reaches 165°F.
- Relaxation. Take away the chook from the air fryer and let it relaxation for a couple of minutes earlier than slicing and serving.
Ideas for Cooking Cornish Hen
- Thaw correctly. These little birds usually come frozen. Ensure that to thaw them fully (ideally in a single day within the fridge) earlier than cooking.
- Pat it dry. Remember to pat the hen dry on the surface and the cavity. This step ensures that the pores and skin crisps up properly throughout cooking.
- Preheat the air fryer. It may be tempting simply to pop the seasoned chook within the air fryer, however this is not going to solely have an effect on the cooking time, however you’ll additionally find yourself with a lot much less crispy pores and skin. So preheat your air fryer earlier than including the hen.
- Don’t crowd the air fryer. In case you determine to double this recipe, make sure you give the hens loads of house within the air fryer. If they’re too shut collectively, they are going to seemingly cook dinner erratically and also you gained’t get that good, crispy pores and skin.
- Use a meat thermometer. I counsel investing in an excellent meat thermometer. Insert it into the thickest a part of the meat on the finish of the cooking time. It wants to achieve an inner temperature of 165°F. If it’s not fairly there but, air fry the chook for a number of extra minutes and verify the temperature once more. Repeat if essential.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Cornish Hen
That juicy, mouthwateringly scrumptious Cornish sport hen will want some firm. Listed below are a few of my favourite issues to serve it with.
How To Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
- Fridge. Place any leftovers in an hermetic container and retailer them within the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Freezer. If you wish to freeze the leftovers, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and seal them in a freezer-safe container. Retailer them within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
- To reheat. Preheat the air fryer to 375°F and cook dinner for about 5 to 7 minutes or till heated by way of. Alternatively, place the leftover on a microwave-safe dish, cowl with a humid towel, and microwave in 30-second intervals till heated by way of.
Extra Air Fryer Recipes
Prep the air fryer. Preheat your air fryer to 375°F for five minutes and grease the air fryer basket.
Prep the hen. Rinse the Cornish hen below chilly water and pat it dry with a paper towel. Additionally, dry the within cavity of the hen.
Make the seasoning. Whisk collectively the salt, garlic powder, black pepper, thyme, and oregano.
Season the hen. Rub the olive oil everywhere in the Cornish sport hen, coating it evenly, and sprinkle the seasoning mix evenly over the chook.
Air fry. Place the seasoned sport hen within the preheated air fryer basket, breast-side down. Prepare dinner for 20 minutes. Flip and cook dinner for a further 10 minutes.
Examine for doneness. Insert a meat thermometer into the breast of the chook. It ought to learn 165°F. If it’s not there but, cook dinner for five extra minutes and verify the temperature once more. Repeat if essential.
Relaxation. As soon as the Cornish sport hen is totally cooked, take away it from the air fryer and let it relaxation for a couple of minutes earlier than slicing and serving.
- Thaw: Cornish hens often come frozen – thaw them within the fridge in a single day earlier than cooking.
- Dry the Hen: Pat dry the chook, in and out.
- Marinate or Brine: Contemplate marinating or brining the hens beforehand. This might help improve the flavour and retain moisture through the cooking course of. You can too season the cornish hens and let the rub sit for half-hour or as much as 1½ hours to permit the salt and spices to penetrate the meat earlier than cooking.
- Rub Below the Pores and skin: For much more taste, gently separate the pores and skin from the meat and rub among the seasonings instantly on the meat beneath.
- Let it Relaxation: Simply as with bigger roasted meats, permitting the hen to relaxation for a couple of minutes after cooking might help redistribute and lock within the juices.
- Keep away from Overcrowding: When doubling the recipe, guarantee hens have ample house within the air fryer for even cooking and crispiness.
- Temperature Examine: Use an instant-read meat thermometer to verify for doneness – it ought to register at 165°F within the meat’s thickest half. Prepare dinner longer if wanted.
Serving: 8 ounces | Energy: 785 kcal | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Protein: 59 g | Fats: 58 g | Saturated Fats: 15 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 11 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 29 g | Ldl cholesterol: 344 mg | Sodium: 2535 mg | Potassium: 854 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 0.1 g | Vitamin A: 475 IU | Vitamin C: 5 mg | Calcium: 69 mg | Iron: 4 mg | Internet Carbs: 2 g
Dietary data is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values might fluctuate in line with the components and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed data.